Just a note that the following dates (relevant to the bargaining process) are now confirmed:
- December 7th (6:30-8:00 p.m.): Provincewide information session hosted by the CAAT-A Divisional Executive, featuring the faculty Bargaining Team. This session specific to partial-load faculty.
- December 8th (6:30-8:00 p.m.): Provincewide information session hosted by the CAAT-A Divisional Executive, featuring the faculty Bargaining Team. This session open to all faculty, including partial-load.
- December 9th @ 9:00 a.m. – December 11th @ 3:00 p.m.: Online strike authorization vote, conducted by the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- This vote is needed to authorize the faculty bargaining team to organize any work action, which may or may not include a strike
- December 13th: The first day that either party may take labour action:
- The first day that management may lock out CAAT-A faculty members
- The first day that management may unilaterally impose Terms & Conditions of employment, affecting such areas as workload, pay, benefits, labour rights
- The first day that unionized faculty members may, with a successful strike vote, organize labour action
As a reminder, the faculty bargaining team has proposed referring all issues that remain unresolved (following negotiations) to voluntary binding interest arbitration, as a means of resolving bargaining without disruption to our work or our students’ academic year.